Monday, April 14, 2008

H is for Hand Wash


I woke up this morning to a sink full of dishes that needed to be washed by hand.  A dishwasher is one of those small conveniences of life that we are without right now.  We don't normally let the dishes pile up too much, but every now and then we just let it go until the next day.  Thankfully my wonderful husband has taken it upon himself to be the primary dish washer of the house.  Thanks Penny!

5 comments:

Lucy said...

I can relate to this one! We have no dishwasher here in Costa Rica and it is doubtful we will have on in Honduras either so we will be hand washing for at least the next 3 years. Sean too has been such a help in this area, aren't husbands wonderful!

janet said...

Can Penny disciple Corey in the dish washing department??? :)

Missy said...

I wish I could say that I do a better job with the dishes now that I have a dishwasher ... but unfortunately I wait until the sink is full until I empty the clean dishes out of the dishwaser! Love the idea of the ABC's - I might have to steal it this summer ;)

Lori said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that ends up with a lot of dishes in my sink.....it can be so overwhelming!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, Kat. The ABC idea is so creative. And it seems that dishwashers are in short supply here in Philly as well ... I've lived without one for all 3+ years. It's top on me and Seth's "wishlist" for the next place we'll live.