Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple Picking

What started as a weekend when Penny had to be out of town turned into mother-daughter bonding time.  We did several fun things together and tried to make the most of our time without Daddy.
  

One thing I've been wanting to do with Laine is go apple picking.  This weekend we made it out to Eckert's Farm near St. Louis and picked some apples and a pumpkin.  


We went for a wagon ride, ate the apples while in the orchard, and wandered through the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin for us.


Once we got home Laine and I made a yummy apple crisp thanks to Shannon Walker's great recipe.  I'm normally not a huge fan of apple pie, but this was delicious.  Thanks Shannon!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

so glad you enjoyed it- I have many a times!

Missy said...

thanks for sharing the recipe kat! i made it last night! big hit! :)

Emily M. said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss Eckerts!