Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Day of School!

Well, it happened... Laine started school. I can't believe I have a child who is old enough to be in school already! Where did the time go?


Here she is wearing her new backpack as we headed out the door to walk to school, which is so fun that we can do that, by the way.


Here we are at the door to the school. Laine is pretending to be shy - maybe it was an anxious moment.


Laine and her classmates were meeting Janie, the class rat. Supposedly she's an awesome pet to have in a preschool class. We'll learn more about her as the year goes on.


And this is where I left Laine playing when I finally said goodbye. She barely gave me a hug since she was so distracted by these water/gel shaker things. It made it easy for me to leave her - no tears! Several moms walked out together, all with dry eyes. I think we were all glad our kids seemed so excited to be there.

Laine came home tired and hungry, but it seems like she had a good time at school. Yay for a good first day! I think it will be a gradual process to hear from her what she actually did at school though... hard to tell from the mouth of a three-year-old what went on during the morning :-)

No comments: