Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve Service

Christmas Eve as a pastor's wife was a bit different than how it's been in the past. Penny had to be at church early, so I got the girls dressed up for church and out the door on a rainy night by myself. Both girls had colds, so they stayed with me during the service while Penny was sitting on the platform. Thankfully I called a family in the church ahead of time and asked them to help with "crowd control" in the pew. I was very thankful for some extra hands to help with the girls!


Penny was glad to help lead his first Christmas Eve service this year. He gave the children's sermon - to about 50 kids! He did wonderfully, and all the kids loved it. He also got to wear his pastor's robe for the first time since graduation.


Penny went back to church later that night to help during the 11:00 service. Someone had to stay home with the girls - I took that responsibility and laid down to sleep at my normal bedtime! Mead didn't realize that she was supposed to sleep in on Christmas morning, so she and I were up bright and early as usual.

No comments: