Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Mead!

Mead turns one today!! A year ago today President Obama was being sworn in while I was waiting at home for the call to go to the hospital. I was already a week overdue, and my 5:00 a.m. phone call didn't come until 3:15 in the afternoon. It seemed like Mead was never going to join us!


She finally made her appearance that evening, and she has been such a joy since then. Her sweet and calm personality has made her a very easy-going baby. She is much more attached to me than Laine was, but that manifests itself in lots of snuggles, which I absolutely adore.

She is now standing on her own, after we carefully place her on her feet. She has yet to take a step from that position, but she can hold herself up for a while (note the outstretched hands for balance!). I know one day she'll be running around chasing after her big sister and the days of snuggling will be gone. In the meantime I'm enjoying every moment of quietness and closeness while I can.

We love you, Mead, and look forward to seeing the wonderful woman you grow up to be!

1 comment:

josie said...

happy birthday mead!!! wish we were there to celebrate! miss you guys!