Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Princess slippers

Laine has been working very hard lately to receive a reward that she wanted... some princess slippers. She and I were out shopping a few weeks ago, and she came across this bag of dress up shoes that she really wanted. So since I needed some help motivating her to do a better job of using the potty, I decided to allow those slippers to be her reward.


Yes, the potty training is still in process. Hard for all of us to believe! Anyway, she has been making progress, and I think the princess slippers played a large part in that.



Here's a glimpse of two of the four pairs that came in the bag. She has hardly taken them off her feet since she got them. She brought them to school the day after she received them for show and tell. And she's been wearing her princess outfits, crown and all, even more than before. What a beauty!

We're proud of you, Laine! Keep up the good work!!

2 comments:

lisa said...

yes! mya came home telling me about laine's slippers and then put hers on. she loved them. noah said that boys bring more interesting things to show-n-tell, and girls bring pretty things that they love. cute analysis.

Rachel said...

we need to talk potty training...we are still in the midst of it...I hate it...why is it so hard for our girls, they are smart and seem overly capable!!