Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On being two

Mead has been two years old for a couple months now, and I feel like we're already seeing some big differences in her. First of all, she is a lot more talkative and is becoming more and more effective in accurately communicating with us. On the other hand, when she can't get her words out quick enough she gets really frustrated.


This, and generally not getting her way, has led to many temper tantrums in the last few weeks. I remember Laine going through this phase - all-out fits of emotion that seem hard to remedy except with the passing of time. It's just interesting to see Mead go through the "terrible two's" because she is otherwise so calm and adaptable.


The other day Mead woke up with an ear infection. When I asked her what was wrong she said, "My cheeks hurt. I don't feel well." She was a little off in her anatomy, but she got close enough that I knew to call the doctor! Thankfully she's doing much better after a few doses of medication. We love you, Mead! Somehow you make even your temper tantrums sweet!!

No comments: