Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Home Depot and more

A couple weekends ago Penny was home working on a paper, and I wanted to return some dead plants to Home Depot (love that they take them back, by the way!!), so all the kids piled in the car and went with me.


The kids started climbing all over the riding lawn mowers (something they frequently do at Home Depot) while I was in the return line, and one of the workers asked them if they wanted to build a lawn mower instead of just climb on them.


What fun!  We stumbled upon their first-Saturday-of-the-month workshop for kids to come and build something.  I'd heard about it before, but we've never actually participated.


So an hour and a half later they came home with new work aprons and assembled and painted toy lawnmowers - all for free!  (Not to mention Penny got a lot of work done on his paper while the house was quiet :-)  It was a fun and unexpected way to spend a Saturday morning.


I've noticed the girls becoming better friends lately - can't remember if I already mentioned this.  Got this sweet photo of them holding hands on the way to church recently.  Love it.  Hope their friendship continues for a lifetime.


Last week the kids had VBS at our church.  I didn't get any pictures, but Mead's group leader sent this one to me.  She was playing a game of catch-the-sponge-in-the-bowl/hat and having a great time.  So glad for the many things our kids learn about the Lord through church activities and all the fun they have while doing it!

1 comment:

Emily M. said...

I love, love, love that picture of the girls holding hands.