Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Mead!

As is our tradition, Mead started her birthday morning with cinnamon rolls.  Since it was a school day, we had to get everyone up and going quickly in order to have time to eat and open presents before morning drop-off.


I just have to say that it has been such a joy for me lately to see and hear Mead talk about her love for Jesus.  She prays the sweetest prayers: for family members, for friends, with thanks for Jesus dying on the cross, and whatever else she is learning.  I know that only God can change hearts, and I am super encouraged about the ways I see Him working in her heart.  What a rich blessing to me as her mom!


Okay, back to her birthday: Mead's big gift was her American Girl doll, Grace.  She's been saving her money for a LONG time - we helped her out along the way, but she's been super patient.


And she stopped sucking her thumb, so that earned her a few extra bucks too.  A new doll and no more dry, cracked thumb or destruction of her upper palate - what a bonus!

Happy Birthday, Mead!  You are a treasure.

No comments: