The second week we were here (it's now week 3!) we were invited to go blueberry picking with someone from the church. I love berry picking, and we didn't get to go in St. Louis before we left, so I jumped at the opportunity.
The kids and I have never been blueberry picking before (unless picking berries off the bushes at Covenant School during the summer counts) so it was fun to give it a try.
There were tons of berries, and we brought home a great harvest - blueberry pancakes, blueberries for snacks, and future blueberry muffins, etc., since I froze some of them right away.
The blueberry patch was in Blacksburg, just down the road from where my brother, Todd, lives, so after we picked we went over to his house for lunch. I'm still amazed that we live close enough to family to do that!










No comments:
Post a Comment