Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Birds of a Feather

This is bizarre. Last week when Laine and I were walking home from church we saw TONS of birds in the trees near our house. By the time we got home they had all moved, in one sweeping motion, to our backyard. It was really amazing! These pictures don't capture the numbers accurately, but I would imagine there were at least 200 birds nibbling on the leaves and nutrients in our yard.


The birds obviously stayed long enough for me to get out my camera - I was busy telling Laine all about it and being amazed myself for a minute or two. Then, all of a sudden, they all flew away. It looked like a screen of bats flying through the sky.


Anyway, just wanted to share a nature moment!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We have those same birds here in our new neighborhood and I had them in Clinton, only in the fall and winte...one time as the hundreds of birds flew over my head I got double pooped on! True story! And I had just been complaining in my head about wanting new clothes. I guess God was trying to tell me something! HA HA!!