It's time I go ahead and let my blog readers know what we have been telling close friends and family for a few weeks now... we're pregnant! We found out about this little baby shortly before we left for Greenville, and my gracious doctor managed to squeeze in an early ultrasound to make sure everything looked okay. The day before Laine and I flew south I was able to see the baby (who looked like an oval) and his or her heartbeat (which looked like a flashing light in the middle of the oval). Definite features or not, the baby looked healthy, and we are very excited. I'm nine weeks along at this point, so the baby should be due mid January.
Thank you to those who have been praying that God would increase our family. And thank you ahead of time for the prayers that will continue to be lifted up on our behalf for this baby and me as I carry him or her. Being the planners that we are, Penny and I want to find out if we will have a boy or girl. Our first doctor's appointment upon our return to St. Louis should let us know whether Laine will have a little brother or sister. We'll keep you posted as time goes on.
13 comments:
Congrats to you all! I am very excited for your new edition! Cant wait to meet him or her! :) See you all in August! :)
Congratulations!! That is great! Hope Greenville is treating you well!
Congrats! We rejoice with you in hearing this news- how exciting!
Wow! How exciting!! Congrats!
Congratulations!!!
I am so thankful for you... you picked a great month to be nine months pregnant in STL. That is a great age difference for the kids! Praying for your family!
Congratulations Penny & Kat!! We are absolutely thrilled for you! As I am reminded many times a day now, children truly are a blessing from God! We look forward to telling you congrats in person when you get back.
Yeah Kat and Penny,
So happy for you guys. I've been praying for this for you guys. Kat, I hope you are feeling well!
Kelli
Yea! We're so thrilled for you guys. May God bless your growing family!
The Juelfs
So excited for y'all! What a blessing! Can't wait to find out what y'all are having! :)
Yay! What good news, and how sweet that God answers prayers like this! I'm especially glad to hear that you already know the baby is growing properly and got to see the heartbeat...I'll be praying for his or her continued safety and development and for your energy level this summer.
Rejoicing with you,
Emily
Congrats Y'all! We are so excited to hear your news! We pray the rest of the internship goes well and for a healthy baby and mama! Can't wait for you to get home...
Love, the Gwennaps
Kat,
I am just now reading the news - congratulations! I have been thinking about you off and on lately - and thinking, for some strange reason - that you might be pregnant! Maybe just wishful/prayerful thinking.
Mandy
Post a Comment