Saturday, October 9, 2010

38 weeks

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my weekly check-up. I ended up having a non-stress test and getting an ultrasound because while Dr. Jewell was checking the baby's heartbeat during my normal visit it dropped quite a bit. So he wanted to make sure that wasn't happening regularly - if so I'd need to be induced for the baby's sake. Thankfully everything turned out fine and I was sent home with a, "See you next week," from Dr. Jewell. It did make me realize that I should probably go ahead and pack my hospital bag!

But it was fun to see the baby again. It's definitely a boy - we've decided to name him Cole Atticus Pennylegion, for those who haven't heard. And he is measuring in at a healthy 8 lbs. 3 oz. at the moment! That is on par with our girls' birth weights, though Cole has a few more weeks to keep growing. We'll see what his numbers are upon arrival.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Love the name, Kat! Glad to see you and baby are well. Miss y'all!