Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Due date come... and gone

Well, today was the day the doctor's suggested Mead should come.  But alas, she's still not here.  So how did I spend my due date?  We tried to enjoy it to the fullest and stay busy.  Penny, Laine and I spent the morning at the science center.  Laine had a great time with all the hands-on activities, and Penny and I learned some things along the way too.  This afternoon Laine and I went to a playdate, and tonight Penny and I are relaxing: reading a good book, eating some ice cream, and watching a few episodes of The West Wing.  Hopefully there'll be more to report soon.  

Just as a question, any suggestions on things to eat to spur our little girl's entrance into the world?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kat.. so good to see you even if it was brief. Have you thought about the Maggionio's (sp?) deal? You might get a free meal if she doesn't come with- in 24 hrs. of eating their eggplant Parmesan! Please keep us posted. Talked to Hunter and Heather about ya'll today and eric and Hunter were brainstorming about how to get ya'll closer to us!

The Lovealls said...

Kat-
You need to go buy some Raspberry Leaf Tea (it has to have the Leaf in it to work). I started drinking that and Andrew came 3 weeks early. I swear by it. You have to get it at a health food store (I got my at a health food store by campus- off Olive). Anyway, it is all natural and it is for women. It helps your uterus contract- which will help your water to break. I know it sounds crazy but my friend recommend it to me and all her babies came early. It says to drink 3 bags a day (I added some sugar and ice to mine and it was not bad). I say give it a try and I will pray your water breaks at home!
Keep us updated!
Love,
Emily

Emily M. said...

Hope the baby comes soon! We are praying for you guys...

The Morginskys said...

kat, i think i actually have some raspberry leaf tea left over...want some? it is very good for you. it strengthens your uterus, whether or not you are pregnant. so it basically makes your contractions "more effective"...who knows, but cant hurt!

Betsy said...

we're keeping you in our prayers and can't wait to hear about baby Mead's arrival. I've also heard that the raspberry leaf tea works, as well as pineapple?! and you can always try Mexican/spicy food. but who really knows? hang in there. she'll be here soon. and hey, at least this time you're not in the middle of moving across the country :)

Kelli said...

Hi Kat,
No food suggestions here but just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you alot lately and hope Mead comes before you have to be induced (although induction is not all that bad either). Can't wait to hear your news! Saying a prayer for you right now!
Kelli

Brittany said...

Ohh I know how frustrating it is seeing your due date come and go! I ate spicy Greek food (specically authentic tazeke sauce with quite a kick.) My water broke 30 min. later at home!!! :) We are praying for you and hope that Mead will arrive before the induction date!